[CT Birds] Baird's & Pectoral Sandpiper Pics, Hammonasset West Beach

Aaron Bourque aaronbirdwatcher100 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 23:20:26 EDT 2017

I got to West Beach around 6:30 pm to try to find the 3 rare sandpipers.
Thanks to the help of a few friendly birders who pointed me in the right
direction, I was able to find the Baird's and Pectoral Sandpipers. We tried
to find the Buff-breasted, but alas we could not find it after the last
sighting was near the first parking lot. The Pectoral Sandpipers stayed in
a small puddle on the left side of the first grassy field to your left
after the paved road turns to dirt. I first found the Baird's within the
chain-link fence area on the edge of the large puddle, but later on it flew
over and went with the Pectoral Sandpipers and a Sanderling!

Photos in my eBird list: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38758419

Aaron Bourque, Central Village