[CT Birds] Westport CT Warbler

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 08:42:58 EDT 2017

Westport-Sherwood Island SP- CT Warbler in spruce grove, just west of gatehouses and in vicinity of the woodchuck hole with a stick. First seen around the corner by picnic table area. There is also at least one Common Yellowthroat in that area. The CT Warbler was very shy but I managed two good looks enabling me to see the white eye ring, grayish hood and yellow belly and undertail coverts and greenish brown back. This area has been productive for Warblers recently.
I also had a Merlin early this morning in the tree near the 911 Memorial teasing the Fish Crows.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone