[CT Birds] Birdcraft temporarily (hopefully) locked

Patrick Comins pcomins at ctaudubon.org
Tue Aug 22 15:35:36 EDT 2017

Sorry to report that we have been having a terrible time with vandalism/drug use/drinking at Birdcraft and now the sanctuary has to be locked up when staff are not here, at least temporarily.  It is (for now at least) a key lock.   The banders are generally here on good migration mornings and otherwise very early on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Other than that, access will now have to be limited to roughly business hours.  I will see if the banders can post when they may or may not be banding so folks will know when the gate may be open early.   I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We are hoping that this can be temporary and that the partiers will find another place and we can take the lock off, or convert it to a combo lock.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Executive Director, The Connecticut Audubon Society

314 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
203-259-0416 x107
www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org/>