[CT Birds] "Great White Heron" report, Weston, Aug 23rd

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 14:09:01 EDT 2017

Hi all,

On August 23rd, a large all-white heron fitting the description of the
White form of Great Blue Heron (AKA "Great White Heron") was seen and
photographed on private land in Weston, CT. The bird has not been seen
since. Local birders may be interested in attempting to relocate this
bird in nearby towns.

Here is the current eBird map of reports of this form:
http://ebird.org/ebird/map/grwher?neg=true&env.minX=&env.minY=&env.maxX=&env.maxY=&zh=false&gp=false&ev=Z&mr=1-12&bmo=1&emo=12&yr=all&byr=1900&eyr=2017

Choose "Show Points Sooner" on sidebar at right to see the exact pin locations.

To my knowledge there are no previous reports of this form in
Connecticut, though that is just off the top of my head.

Thanks,

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT