[CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich warblers inc. Cape May, Wilsons, Tennessee +

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 09:19:02 EDT 2017

Between 6:30-9:00 AM Stefan Martin and I were treated to one of the more
awesome morning warbler flights we've ever seen at Audubon Greenwich. The
front fields and apple orchard around hawkwatch lawn were under constant
barrage of hundreds of warblers dropping into the trees, highlighted by
atleast 5 CAPE MAYS, 10+ TENNESSEE WARBLERS, a male WILSON'S WARBLER,
CHESTNUT-SIDED, NASHVILLE, multiple Parulas, Black Throated Greens/Blue,
Magnolias, Redstarts, Palm & Black & White. Other highlights included a
male PURPLE FINCH, Swainson's Thrush and multiple Scarlet Tanagers.

The fields have quieted down alot now but during that time we also had one
Sharp-Shinned Hawk and a gorgeous male Harrier so hawkwatching could be
really good today. Come out if you can!
-Ryan MacLean
Audubon Greenwich