[CT Birds] Bstn Hlw/Yale Forest, Ashford, Sat 9-9-17; Bay-breasted Warbler

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 22:49:41 EDT 2017

The woods are pretty quiet now but still little flocks of  migrants
drifting through. Trip was worth if for me though, because I got my  first Ct
Bay-breasted Warbler today. I've only seen them in Ohio previously. It  was with
a small flock of obvious migrant warblers, most of which I couldn't ID
because of the sun and thick foliage. They were mixed in with a flock of  local
chickadees. I've had good luck finding other birds with this same flock
before.

Sep 9, 2017 7:30 AM  - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
9.0 mile(s)
26 species

Turkey  Vulture  3
Mourning Dove  2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird   1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  4
Downy Woodpecker  1
Northern  Flicker  3
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Least Flycatcher   1
Eastern Phoebe  4
Blue-headed Vireo  2
Red-eyed Vireo   3
Blue Jay  15
Common Raven  2
Black-capped Chickadee   35
Tufted Titmouse  2
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
House  Wren  2
Hermit Thrush  1
American Robin  1
Gray  Catbird  3
Common Yellowthroat  4
Bay-breasted Warbler   1     FOY and first for me in Ct - in with a small
flock of  migrants foraging with local Chickadees
Chestnut-sided Warbler   1
Pine Warbler  4
Chipping Sparrow  3
American  Goldfinch  20