[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch: 262 Raptors + Festival Tomorrow

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 20:26:31 EDT 2017

Despite a foggy, uneventful morning we wound up having a decent raptor
migration day for the first day of our 2 day Fall Hawkwatch Festival at
Audubon Greenwich. Between 3-5 PM we wound up having a small but eventful
push of Broad-Winged Hawks and our best falcon day so far. Highlights
included 138 Broad-Wings, 13 Merlins, 28 Kestrels and 6 Bald Eagles. See
the full hawkcount.org report below:
https://www.hawkcount.org/day_summary.php?rsite=149&ryear=2017&rmonth=09&rday=16

Tomorrow's a busy day across the state for fall migration festivals with
both ours continuing and Migration Festival at Lighthouse Point. If you're
in the New Haven area head over to Lighthouse and if you're in the SW
corner of the state or Westchester NY our festival will be from 11-5
tomorrow. It features not only plenty of hawkwatching but great food,
vendors, live music and a live raptor show featuring 15 birds including an
Aplomado Falcon & Crested Caracara. See details below:
http://greenwich.audubon.org/19th-annual-fall-festival-hawk-watch

The big Broad Wing push is still to come so we hope to see alot of you
tomorrow!

-Ryan MacLean