[CT Birds] Birds seen in Litchfield CT

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 12 18:10:11 EDT 2017

Today on my regular bike ride, I went to Whites woods in Litchfield. Many trails go through the old growth forests and wetlands. Along the way beside the wetlands I saw 2 Olive sided Flycatchers, 2 each Barn and Cliff Swallow, 1 Solitary Sandpiper, 2 Greater Yellowlegs, 2 Hooded Merganser and other common stuff. In the old growth forests I saw 1 YB Sapsucker, heard a Pileated Woodpecker and some warblers. Best being a Bay breasted. I enjoy my peaceful bike rides there and seeing the birds when they are active.
Paul Carrier  -  Harwinton