[CT Birds] Chestnut Hill Hawk Watch, Litchfield, CT - September 12, 2017

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 12 20:06:55 EDT 2017

Not the best conditions for migrating hawks today, September 12, 2017, with non existent to very light SW wind and hot conditions. The Broad-winged hawks we did see streamed through in small groups. Did have three Nighthawks between 12 and Noon. Noted that both Middle School in Torrington and Botsford Hill in Bridgewater had more Broad-winged hawks today.  Our tally for the day is below:
Bald Eagles - 3Sharp-shinned hawks - 2Broad-winged hawks - 264American Kestrel - 4
David W BabingtonWashington, CT