[CT Birds] Fw: Marbled Godwit still at Milford Point

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sun Sep 17 18:39:14 EDT 2017

This was misdirected.

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: "sean at seanmurthaart.com" <sean at seanmurthaart.com>
 Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 5:17 PM
 Subject: Marbled Godwit still at Milford Point
I had just about given up when I decided to check a bright blip way out in the marsh, and sure enough, it was the Godwit!  It was about 3:45, straight out from the observation tower, at quite a distance- thankfully the afternoon sun was striking its salmony breast!  There were also at least 4 Whimbrel, 2 of them coming quite close to the Audubon center.  While searching for the Godwits I luckily spotted an American Bittern in flight as well as several Little Blue herons.  On the Sound side, there were large numbers of Oystercatchers and Cormorants, but the only surprise were five or six Brant, way out on the breakwater. -Sean Murtha