[CT Birds] Extralimital: October offshore pelagic opportunity

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 15:51:35 EDT 2017

Hi all,

See below for a rare opportunity to get to deep water offshore southern New England during the middle of autumn. This trip has never been run in October!

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT

Greetings:

The Brookline Bird Club cancelled their September Pelagic trip  because of Jose.  The Captain has an opening  for Saturday, and Sunday OCTOBER 14, 15 , 2017.  This is a transition time  of year.  If enough people sign up,  We will go from Hyannis, MA  to the Hydrographer Canyon area.    Warm waters are changing to cooler waters. Anything is possible:  shearwaters,  skuas  (the Great Skua would also be possible) ,  storm petrels  (even the white-faced is possible) , Gulls,  including  Sabines and Kittewakes,  phalaropes,   sea  ducks and of course, the  mammals.   Excellent Photo ops… Limit: 50 participants
Cost: BBC members $310, non-members $330
We will have master birders Marshal Iliff,  Nicholas Bonomo, Peter  Flood and possibly Kate Sutherland  leading the trip. Our boat is the Helen H. It is a very comfortable, fast, 100-foot fishing boat with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic captain and crew. We use gallons of chum to attract the birds.  There is a full galley with excellent food at reasonable prices. Parking is free.
To reserve a space, send a check for the full amount made out to Brookline Bird Club Agent along with a signed Waiver to Ida Giriunas, 83 Summer Ave,  Reading,  MA 01867  and include your email or your postal address for confirmation, boarding instructions, and other details.
To register and to receive further information and a waiver form:
Contact Ida at 781-929-8772, ida8 at verizon.net
Ida Giriunas
Reading,  MA
<ida8 at verizon.net>