[CT Birds] Marbled Godwit and Whimbrel at Milford Point

Florence McBride fmcb_warbler at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 16:55:37 EDT 2017

9/25, Milford Point - On the sandbar at Milford Point, Arne Rosengren and I saw at least one Whimbrel and the Marbled Godwit this afternoon.  We saw the Whimbrel first, at about 3:15, and just as we were leaving around 3:45 spotted the godwit with a flock of plovers and a dowitcher.  There may have been 2 Whimbrels - we saw one at the far end of the sandbar quite a whle after our first sighting, and don’t know if it was the individual seen earlier or a different one.  Other shorebirds included good numbers of Sanderlings and Black-bellied Plovers, and at least one Golden Plover, as well as a couple of oystercatchers..

Flo McBride
Hamden
.