[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Park - 4 Close Park Peregrines

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 8 18:17:57 EDT 2017

8 total hawks including 4 lazy, on-the-deck Peregrines, in 4 intermittent coverage hours of rain, drizzle, fog, haze, clouds, gusty SSW winds.  Also, 1 Gr Yellowlegs and 2 uber-scruffy imm YB Sapsucker.  Gulls moved steadily E to W but I'm afraid I didn't get a good count on them.

A dozen Monarchs and a couple dragonflies still linger.

We're at peak season for this coastal site.  After this rain clears tomorrow, there should be a good hawk flight this week, on moderate northerly winds.

Really, really strong NW winds would be ideal, but beggars can't be choosers.

Steve MayoBethany