[CT Birds] Stratford notes 10/10

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 11 11:10:16 EDT 2017

10/10. Stratford, Long Beach Blvd pond, McKinney Refuge - 115 Green-winged Teal, 13 Yellow-crowned Night-Herons. And thanks to Craig Repasz, Pat Leahy, and other volunteers for building the new bird blind; now the waterfowl are much less likely to flush.

10/10 Stratford Point - Stefan Martin told me he relocated the previous CLAY-COLORED SPARROW in the afternoon in shrubs near the water garden.

10/10. Bridgeport, Johnson Creek (right off northbound exit 30 off I-95: 67 Greater Yellowlegs, 2 Short-billed Dowitchers at high tide.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone