[CT Birds] Lighthouse Pt hawkwatch, 214 raptors, 1 SANDHILL CRANE, 10-12-17, Thursday

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Oct 12 17:42:38 EDT 2017

At 10:10 AM a lone Sandhill Crane flew over the Hawkwatch, and  I wanted to
get the word out so that those downstream can be on the lookout  tomorrow.
A rough count of Raptors was 214, including, once again, many more  Coopers
Hawks than Sharp-shinned. The morning flight was very good but by 1 PM  had
petered down to almost nothing and we had only 3 migrators between 2 and 3
PM.
Pics of the crane, however bad,  to come  later.

Don Morgan
Coventry,  Ct