[CT Birds] Smith Richardson Volunteer Day Save the Date, Saturday, November 4th

Patrick Comins pcomins at ctaudubon.org
Fri Oct 13 12:55:16 EDT 2017

The Connecticut Audubon Society and our volunteer corps are working hard to improve habitats at our Smith Richardson Preserve in Westport.   The 4th annual CT Audubon Smith Richardson volunteer day is just weeks away. Below are the details and plans for the day.   We have ambitious goals to improve habitats for birds and other wildlife here and your help can make a huge difference!
The event will be from 9am to 3pm. Volunteers should feel free to come and go as they please spending any amount of time that works for them. We meet in the barn at 32 Sasco Creek road. You can park at the Christmas tree farm which is located at 16 Sasco Creek road or Southport beach at 1313 Pequot ave.
Lunch will be supplied by the Taco Loco food truck from noon to 2pm. It will be all you can eat tacos with glutton free and vegetarian options. Around 1:30 we will have a visit from one of the Connecticut Audubon Society's owls.  Please Bring large garden loppers (clippers) and shovels if you have them. We do have some extra for those who need them. Most of the work will be cutting vines in the woods and planting some great native trees and shrubs in pre-dug holes, so volunteers should dress appropriately. Work boots and work gloves are preferred.  Please let me know if you might attend so we can plan logistics accordingly.

Thank you all so much for supporting the Connecticut Audubon Society's volunteer day at Smith Richardson nature preserve!
Sincerely,
Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Executive Director, The Connecticut Audubon Society

314 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
203-259-0416 x107
www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org/>