[CT Birds] Silver Sands SP Orange-crowned Warbler

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sat Oct 14 12:44:35 EDT 2017

Hi all,

While searching for the yellow-throated warbler found by Julian Hough this morning, I came across an orange-crowned warbler, at least three field sparrows, a young white-crowned sparrow, and a house wren, as well as an Eastern Phoebe or two. Several others were able to see the Orange-crowned. The birds were all in the grasses and shrubs on the east side of the entrance Road, near the fenced pumping station at the bottom of the hill. There were quite a lot of other birds in the area as well, but we never we found the yellow-throated warbler.

Frank Gallo, Milford
Sunrisebirding.com

Life is short. Bird often.