Lea Kessler lkshaw1 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 14 10:12:26 EDT 2017

I saw the bird in question in Cove Island Park at chainlink fence dividing playground from water, to right of small maintenance building.

Lea Shaw

Message: 8
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 08:20:04 -0400
From: Frank Mantlik <mantlik at sbcglobal.net<mailto:mantlik at sbcglobal.net>>
To: Birds CT <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org<mailto:ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>>
Subject: [CT Birds] Probable GRAY FLYCATCHER -Cove Is. 10/13

10/13. An eBird checklist from Cove Is. Park in Stamford by Lea Shaw reported a late Least Flycatcher. This morning, Greg Hanisek and I viewed subsequently attached photos that to us look like one of the western Empidonax species , GRAY FLYCATCHER. Louis Bevier, an expert birder from Maine (and formerly CT) just saw the pix and he agrees with that ID. This would be a first CT record.

Patrick Dugan is leading a walk at Cove Is. Wildlife Sanctuary this morning. It is unclear at this point if Lea Shaw saw the flycatcher in the wildlife sanctuary, or in the city park proper.

Frank Mantlik

Sent from my iPhone