[CT Birds] Lighthouse Park Forecast for Sunday

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 14 13:22:48 EDT 2017

Light to Moderate SW winds are predicted tomorrow.  It will not be a great day for hawks.  If you do decide to visit the hawk watch or the warm, sunny beach, note that the Making Strides (Breast Cancer) Walk will take place tomorrow.  Cars will be parked from the Bath House north across the field, all the way to the Oaks and Boat Launch.  The Park will be covered in cars.  Registration starts at 9 am and the walk starts at 1 pm.  It will be very difficult to arrive or depart between 12 and 3 pm.  Townsend and Woodward Avenues will have significant traffic.

We didn't get the weather we wanted, this past peak-migration week.  That is, there hasn't been rainy or other blocking weather followed by a crisp powerful frontal passage and strong NW winds.  So we're down by 1000 hawks or so.  Sharpy counts are taking a beating, let's hope we recover and get a few more birds later this month.
But Monday's looking good!
Steve MayoBethany