[CT Birds] Mystery Goose

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Mon Oct 16 17:33:26 EDT 2017

10/16/07 - 5:10 pm, Cornfield on south side of Watchaug Rd., 700 feet east of intersection with Four Bridges Road.  1,000+ Canadas, and one very light colored goose with striking almost white scalloping on the back.  Slightly smaller that Canadas, but extremely light colored with a light tan/buff neck and head.  I don't think it is a juv. Snow goose or white-fronted, and I am thinking it may be a hybrid.  Anyone in the area, please take a look - man I need a camera.....

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Principal Consultant
Environmental Resources Management
99 East River Dr., 3rd Floor