[CT Birds] 14 Acre Pond Shorebirds

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 18 16:51:44 EDT 2017

Norwalk- 14 Acre Pond-
I decided to check this to see if the 7 Semipalmated Sandpipers I saw a few days ago were still here but they were not. Instead I had 2 Killdeer,3 Pectoral Sandpipers, and 6 Gadwall,2 more than on Sunday. Due to lack of rain and the vegetation that is taking over the pond, there is very little open water but it is excellent for shorebirds with mudflats with vegetation. I wish I had been checking this location in August and September.Also, Wood Ducks, Phoebes, Kingfishers, Great Blue Heron, and lots of Yellow-rumps.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone