[CT Birds] From Hartford Audubon Wildlife Series

Maggie peretto wings.mp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:23:01 EDT 2017

Tuesday, October 17 at 7:30 PM, McAuley Residence Auditorium, 275 Steele Rd., W. Hartford, CT Adult $ 4.00, Student $2.00

Margaret Rubega, Ph.D. - Connecticut State Ornithologist and Associate Professor in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Connecticut will give a presentation on
The Disappearance of an Almost-Invisible Bird: The Mysterious Biology and Decline of the Chimney Swift -

Chimney Swifts live and breed, literally, right in our houses, but their unique biology makes them particularly difficult to observe, and the steady decline of their populations across their breeding range is a cause for concern. In this presentation, Dr. Rubega will describe the lifestyle of these fascinating birds, and efforts to understand, and halt, the disappearance of them from our skies.

Maggie Peretto
Manchester, CT