[CT Birds] Mystery Goose

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Tue Oct 17 09:42:18 EDT 2017

I have looked at a ton of pictures in Sibleys, other field guides and on-line, and I now think that the bird was a Pink-Footed.  The upper neck and head was lighter than most P-F pics I found, but there were some where the head was lighter, like the bird I saw. I went back to the field last evening with a scope, but ½ the birds had left, including the bird in question.  I will try to relocate it today, but anyone who is in the Somers/Enfield area might want to scan the corn fields this afternoon - I know I'll be.

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Principal Consultant
Environmental Resources Management
99 East River Dr., 3rd Floor