[CT Birds] Unidentified Hammo bird

Jay jayboll at optonline.net
Wed Oct 18 00:41:02 EDT 2017

I know you said it was definitely not a bluebird, but could it have been a
female Mountain Bluebird?  A long shot, I know, but so unusual you might
have overlooked it.

Jay Boll

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 15:00:57 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
From: zellene <zellene at earthlink.net>
To: ct bird list <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
Subject: [CT Birds] Unidentified Hammo bird
	<877234782.11402.1508266858124 at wamui-bison.atl.sa.earthlink.net>

On a walk today, I came across a bird in the campground that I couldn't
identify. At first glance it looked like a Phoebe but tail did not wag. Then
noticed a pale rosy color across the upper breast. Definitely not a
bluebird! It had the upright flycatcher posture, dark head and wings and
pale grey breast except for the pinkish swath. No photos, unfortunately. Any