[CT Birds] Pos Golden Eagle and other good stuff in Canaan

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 19 20:48:44 EDT 2017

Today on my Bike trip up in Norfolk, saw some birds. Going up Canaan Mt their were many Junco along the rd. Also saw at the reservoir 3 Common Loon, 12 Common Merganser. In the forest pond had 1 Pied billed Grebe,  3 Hooded Mergs, 6 Ring-necked Duck and 4 Wood Duck. Also had a very possible Im Golden Eagle flying over the pond heading east. It had an all dark underside and a small head. Background lighting was such that I couldn't get more details, but sure looked like a Golden to me.  On way down past the horse barns, I saw 3 White T Sparrow cross the rd.
Paul Carrier  Harwinton