[CT Birds] Cheshire Hotspots

Stephen Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Mon Oct 23 21:49:51 EDT 2017

Melissa Baston and I checked Broad Brook Reservoir (Cheshire) this afternoon in advance of the New Haven Bird Club field trip to Cheshire Hotspots, scheduled for Sunday, October 29.  We estimated 400-500 Ruddy Ducks and 100 Scaup, in addition to 7 Wood Ducks, 12 Mallards, a few Ring-necked Ducks, a couple dozen American Black Ducks, and at least 2 Pied-billed Grebes.  Also seen, Bald Eagle, 2 Great Blue Herons, and a dozen Mute Swans.  Details for this trip, which includes several other planned stops, can be found on the New Haven Bird Club website.

Steve Broker
(Cheshire)