[CT Birds] East Lyme Long-billed Dowitcher

Dyl Pedro pedrodyl at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 18:59:42 EDT 2017

  I went looking for a Long-billed Dowitcher this evening, and found one! Which doesn't happen too often in my experience. It was at Rocky Neck SP in Bride Brook marsh, with many Yellowlegs and Dunlin. The bird flew across marsh at dusk (towards south end of Bride Brook), giving its distinct single-syllable flight call and showing the back stripe. I couldn't relocate it, but it was getting pretty dark.

Also, the gull-feeding frenzy continues in this section of LIS, with a couple hundred gulls on the beach and jetties here, feeding on what appeared to be Alewife? Among them, (the gulls that is) were a little over a dozen Bonaparte's Gulls

Good birding!
Dylan Pedro
Waterford