[CT Birds] Sunrise Birding - Stratford highlights 10/28

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 28 13:57:39 EDT 2017

10/28. On our Sunrise Birding tour of the Stratford Shore this morning, we tallied 52 species. Of note were PEREGRINE FALCON, AMERICAN COOT, YELLOW-CROWNED and BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERONS, 9 AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHERS, 250 SANDERLINGS, 101 GREATER YELLOWLEGS, 3 Male HOODED MERGANSERS, 6 MONK PARAKEETS, 3 LAUGHING GULLS, and a WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW.

The full list is here:
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S40170623

At Stratford Point (the gate was open), we were unsuccessful in re-finding Thursday’s LECONTE’S and CLAY-COLORED SPARROWS. Nor did we see yesterday’s ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

www.sunrisebirding.com

Sent from my iPhone