[CT Birds] 11/4 - Milford Point -- 4 Nelson's Sparrows plus

Gina Nichol gina at sunrisebirding.com
Sat Nov 4 17:03:31 EDT 2017

Sunrise Birding conducted a free bird walk at Milford Point this morning to
support WaderQuest's Wader Conservation World Watch. Below is our ebird report.
 We had 4 species of waders and most numerous were Dunlin.  Other highlights
included 4 Nelson's Sparrows, 3 Common Mergansers, a late Osprey, an adult Bald
Eagle, a Peregrine Falcon chasing shorebirds and gulls, and a Raccoon sleeping
on the Osprey platform in the marsh (viewed on the nest cam!).    Thanks to
those who participated.

The Wader Conservation World Watch is taking place all weekend to raise
awareness about shorebird conservation around the world.  I urge you to report
any other shorebirds you see this weekend.
Info at:  http://www.waderquest.org/p/wader-quest-world-watch.html.

Coastal Center at Milford Point, New Haven, Connecticut, US
Nov 4, 2017 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.6 mile(s)
Comments:     Sunrise Birding walk to support Wader Conservation World Watch.
48 species (+2 other taxa)

Brant  250
Canada Goose  100
Mute Swan  11
Gadwall  4
American Wigeon  12
Mallard  2
American Black Duck  100
Hooded Merganser  3
Common Merganser  3
Common Loon  2
Double-crested Cormorant  40
Great Blue Heron  14
Snowy Egret  2
Turkey Vulture  2
Osprey  1
Northern Harrier  1
Cooper's Hawk  1
Bald Eagle  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Black-bellied Plover  25
Sanderling  4
Dunlin  250
Greater Yellowlegs  2
Laughing Gull  6
Ring-billed Gull  100
Herring Gull  60
Mourning Dove  4
Red-bellied Woodpecker  2
Peregrine Falcon  1
Eastern Phoebe  1
crow sp.  2
Common Raven  2
Horned Lark  2
Carolina Wren  2
Golden-crowned Kinglet  2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  2
American Robin  3
thrush sp.  1
Northern Mockingbird  1
European Starling  60
Snow Bunting  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler  3
Nelson's Sparrow  4
Dark-eyed Junco  30
White-throated Sparrow  8
Savannah Sparrow  4
Song Sparrow  2
House Finch  8
American Goldfinch  1
House Sparrow  16

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40297052

Gina Beebe Nichol
Sunrise Birding LLC
Worldwide Bird Watching Tours & Wildlife Safaris
PO Box 274, Cos Cob, CT 06807
gina at sunrisebirding.com
www.sunrisebirding.com
USA 203.453.6724