[CT Birds] Common Gallinule continues...

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Thu Nov 2 15:06:49 EDT 2017

.at Bishop's Pond in Meriden.  Secretive, spends time out of sight in the
reeds.  Associates with two American Coots there.  Lots of other nice
waterfowl there, too.

Also, we were fortunate to get good looks at an American Bittern at Milford
Point today as it flew from one part of the marsh to another at high tide.

And: Konolds Pond is a Peregrine Falcon's bathtub! We observed one bathing
in the middle of the pond today, as geese and ducks swam by unperturbed.

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,