[CT Birds] Share waterbird checklists please!

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Fri Nov 3 14:16:02 EDT 2017

I wanted to take a moment to ask that folks please share any eBird
checklists that include shorebirds, terns, herons or egrets with the
Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds at ctwaterbirds at gmail.com
whenever you can. We have requested this help in previous years, and
please keep them coming as we wrap up 2017!

There is a button on eBird to "share checklist with others in my party",
and if click that and paste in ctwaterbirds at gmail.com you can easily do
so with applicable checklists. Old checklists can be sent if you have
any from earlier in 2017. This helps us record the staging and nesting
areas for these birds - those that we do not monitor every pair in CT as
we do for Piping Plovers and American Oystercatchers - and also helps us
track volunteer hours for folks who are recording shorebird activity.
Please be sure to estimate your time spent in the field in your reports
to help track level of effort.

Thanks so much!

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator