[CT Birds] Local birding in Orange this morning

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 10:40:08 EST 2017

I drove around Orange this morning to the few birding spots I like- several
less common birds as well as lots of Canada Geese.
8:40am  Old Tavern Rd baseball field pond- 5 Mallards (3 male, 2 female), 1
Red shouldered hawk perched in a tree, 2 female Hooded Mergansers, 2
American Crows, 4 Mourning doves, 252 Canada Geese.

8:50am  BM 70 Pond off Racebrook Rd.
22 Mallards, 4 Wood ducks(3 male, 1 female), 2 Gadwalls.

9am-Indian Lake
43 mallards, 1 Pied billed Grebe diving,  2 Blue Jays.

9:20  Wright's Pond-empty, but Cornfield across street had about 380 Canada
Geese.
2 Geese had yellow neck bands HO15 and HO16.  I entered a report about them
online.
I didn't notice any of the geese that looked smaller, smaller bills etc.

Bev Propen, Orange