[CT Birds] Stratford sightings 11/18
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 18 20:45:33 EST 2017
11/18. Highlights of birding around the Stratford shoreline today included:
- AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN flying east seen from our location at Stratford Pt. (Thanks Jory!). Thursday's Harlequin Duck could not be refound.
- 2 female KING EIDERS (continuing), female BLACK SCOTER, flock HORNED LARKS at Long Beach. Plus others saw the 1st-winter LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL, Am. Pipits, Snow Buntings, 7 "IPSWICH" Savannah Sparrows, etc.
- CANVASBACK male at Frash Pond (1st of season).
- adult BALD EAGLE perched in tree at town greenway.
- LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER and 18 GREATER YELLOWLEGS on private property.
- 4 YELLOW-CROWNED and 9 BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERONS (combined numbers from two private property sites).
Frank and Linda Mantlik
Sent from my iPad
More information about the CTBirds