[CT Birds] sapsucker on our suet feeder, red-belly behavior

Florence McBride fmcb_warbler at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 00:26:50 EST 2017

Hamden, 11/13:   A beautiful adult male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker visited our suet feeder today; in the past we’ve seen sapsuckers on the spruce by the back porch, but haven’t seen them on a feeder here.  Also of interest in our small yard:  We recently added a tube feeder enclosed in a wire cage to our feeding station, and were delighted to observe a Red-bellied Woodpecker using its tongue to get seeds from it — first time I’d seen this behavior.

Flo McBride