[CT Birds] Stratford Seawatch 11/16

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 16 09:00:06 EST 2017

11/16. Stratford, Lordship Seawall, 8:00-8:30. A number of NORTHERN GANNETS, and flocks of LAUGHING GULLS offshore, mostly migrating west.
** Of Note,saw a dark Sulid, apparently smaller than a Gannet, very dark with I think a white belly, which dove from a low altitude. I lost it as I was setting up my scope in the rain. I cannot rule out the ID as a POSSIBLE BROWN BOOBY. Those along the shore, particularly to the west of Stratford should be on the lookout.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone