[CT Birds] Snowy owl, New Hartford...YES! (& Rough-LEGGED Hawk)

Brian K briankulvete at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 15:58:23 EST 2017

Got home and re-read my post.  That should read Rough-LEGGED hawk...not
rough-winged.

It was a beautiful light morph with a pure white underside and very small
patches under the wings.  It was really eye-catching. It was being blown
all over the place by the high wind gusts, but it hovered 20' over my car
for a bit before heading back in a Northwest direction, through the trees,
and over the house on the hill with the big retaining wall.  I got good
looks, but my binoculars getting hooked into my seatbelt stopped me from
getting out of the car in time to get a photo.

Brian Kulvete
Bloomfield, CT