[CT Birds] Reservoir 6 solar array

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 21 10:07:57 EST 2017

The MDC has approved a solar array at WH Reservoir 6 using under 4 acres of land adjacent to and south of the treatment plant. Not sure this will have any impact on birds. I researched this a while ago when my town was considering a large solar array. The information is not clear one way or another, but supposedly birds do not "fry" on the panels as they are not that warm. Whether collisions may occur is a point of contention.

Also, very sorry about the Snowy. I saw a glimpse of it on Sunday and hoped to return. From what I heard from other birders, it looks like this year may be good for an irruption.

Zellene