[CT Birds] Extralimital: TOWNSEND'S WARBLER in Rhode Island 11/24

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 25 11:28:53 EST 2017

From Robert Askins, 11/24:
I had an excellent view in good light of an immature Townsend's Warbler at Trustom Pond National Wildlife Refuge.  It was foraging on the branches of maple trees on the Red Swamp Trail near the windmill at about 3:30 this afternoon.  Unfortunately I didn't have a camera.

Robert Askins is a CT professor of ornithology.
Townsend's Warbler is a western species that has occurred in most New England states, but never yet in Connecticut.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPad