[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 14:09:21 EST 2017

11/22  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal center.  9:30am-1PM, rainy ,
50F, mid tide rising.
Very quiet at the center today.  On the marsh: 1 Northern Harrier, cruising
over, 1 Mute swan, 6 American Wigeon, 1 earlier and then others joined it.
I decided to walk the sand bar on LIS side from 11:40-12:15 since center
was quiet.
At far end of sandbar, 1 Merlin perched on washed up log, preening, 2
American Oystercatchers foraging, about 78 Brant , 13 Mute swans ( 12
adults, 1 Juvenile), 7 American Black ducks, 3 flocks totaling about 150
"shorebirds" flying by over LIS.  I couldn't identify as they were flying.
Returning, I checked the paved path -18 House finches, 1 female American
Cardinal, 2 Mourning Doves.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Bev Propen, Orange