[CT Birds] Gift Book Idea

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 25 09:34:17 EST 2017

I came across a book called "Sad Animal Facts" by Brooke Barker at my library. Though in the Teen section, this charming book might make a great gift for someone. Each page has a delightful illustration and a weird factoid. The section on birds had me laughing. A few examples:

Birds can't go to space because they need gravity to swallow.
Adelie Penguins push each other off ledges to check if the water is safe.
Male White Front Parrots vomit on females they want to mate with.
Pigeons put off things they don't want to do.

The back of the book has an appendix with explanations of these facts. There are sections on reptiles and amphibians, mammals, insects, etc. The cover has a pic of a cat titled Cats Can't Taste Sweet Things.
A delightful book.

Zellene