[CT Birds] Oddball Goose Page

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Sun Nov 26 14:33:13 EST 2017

Hi All,

     Last summer I saw an oddball goose at Stratford  Birdseye boat ramp and
added two photos to my eBird report

with an additional link towards identification as I attempted to label the
bird.  Proper ID was nearly an exercise in futility

and after a hint or two I labeled it as "goose sp." in my report.  Given the
number of geese in the area and  those passing through,

and all of the possible combinations thereof, then until there is a DNA test
for photographs (!) , I feel  "goose sp."  is the right answer.

eBird report -  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S30673662

ID link -  http://www.birds.cornell.edu/crows/domgeese.htm

Good luck !

Mike Warner