[CT Birds] Westport Highlights-Great Egret,Osprey, plus

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 26 16:28:38 EST 2017

Westport-Lower Smith Richardson Preserve( not the tree farm)-Great Egret in the marsh
Gorham Island- 7 Killdeer( haven’t seen this many in a while)

Sherwood Island SP- Pied-billed Grebe(found by the CT Young Birders Club members),25 American Pipits & 9 Horned Larks(flyovers), Lesser Black-backed Gull( it’s a winter resident and almost always here)

Fairfield-Southport Beach- early this morning  I found a first cycle Iceland Gull and I had a late Osprey flying east and headed into Southport Harbor.
The Iceland Gull may be the same gull I found on 11/11/17 at the Sherwood Mill Pond. The Gull I found this morning roosting on the beach flew off headed west and I could not find it at Burying Hill or Sherwood Island. It showed up again later today seen by the CT Young Birders so it may hang around the area, hopefully for the upcoming CBC.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone