[CT Birds] CACC and Orange backyard

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 12:01:54 EST 2017

11/29  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center   10am-1PM
low tide receding, sunny, 50F.
Very quiet on the marsh - several hunters and fishermen out.
1 Northern Harrier, 6 American Black ducks, 4 Mute swans, 3 Green winged
teal far out, and flock of 10 unidentified peeps flying through.
1 House finch.

12/1  This morning  (8:45am) in my Orange backyard,  2 huge, Red Tailed
hawks.  One perched right outside my kitchen window and was not deterred
when I went out .  I didn't fill my feeders until it left.
The 2 were circling high overhead at 10:30am.

Bev Propen, Orange