[CT Birds] SNOWY OWL -Stratford Point

Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org
Tue Nov 28 11:10:40 EST 2017

Hi all,

 I just want to reiterate what Frank said about being cautious of big trucks at Stratford Point should you stop by to look for the Snowy Owl.   As part of the next phase of Sacred Heart University's Living Shoreline project, oyster shells and gravel are being brought in and deposited at the base of the dune along the north shore at the Point (by the reef balls).  This will lessen erosion of the dune and uplands.

We expect the construction to take 1-2 weeks.  In the meanwhile, please avoid the north shore and park so that your vehicle does not impede trucks coming up the driveway.

Thank you for your help!

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe

Stratford Point Manager
Audubon Connecticut