[CT Birds] Very late Broad-Winged Hawk at Quaker Ridge

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 11:08:48 EST 2017

Very surprised to see an adult BROAD-WINGED HAWK heading SW over Audubon Greenwich at 11 AM. I observed the bird in my scope for atleast a minute which showed clearly tapered wings, no crescents to rule out Red-Shoulder and a distinct single white band on the tail. As far as I know this is the latest record of one for the hawk watch and the property.

Tomorrow (Sat 12/2) will be our last day of the hawk watch season so come out if you can!

-Ryan MacLean

Sent from my iPhone