[CT Birds] Stonington Snowy Owl

Russ Smiley rsbirder at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 14:32:44 EST 2017

Barn Island WMA, Stonington, CT 2 Dec 2017 2:10 pm: The snowy owl spooked
and flew to opposite side of Sandy Point out of sight from Stonington
Point. I drove around to the Barn Island boat ramp and was able to see the
owl flying along the east side of Sandy Point carrying something in its
talons. On my return to the parking area I clumsily dislodged an American
bittern that then flew over the water to the larger marshlands.
Russ Smiley
Marlborough, CT