[CT Birds] Young male Snowy

Colleen Lord clordtalbot at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 17:02:06 EST 2017

Still here in field next to airport at 4:50pm. Been watching him nonstop since 3:20pm and he has been feeding calmly the whole time except for a short presumed digestion break. He ruffled his feathers and turned a bit when another very large white bird circled the far north edge of field at 4:15pm. Too far to see if it was another snowy and the second bird didn’t stick around, visibly anyway, but I’m betting it was as I haven’t seen a great egret in a few weeks and its wingspan seemed nearly that long. The original owl is still happily chomping away... getting too dark for me though- putting night goggles on my Christmas list :)

Thanks Brian!

Colleen
Sandy Point

Sent from my iPhone