[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Meadows access

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 17:02:08 EST 2017

Paul Desjardins
paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Phone: (860) 623-3696

There is another way to access the Rocky Hill meadows besides hiking in from near the ferry. If you take the Old Wethersfield exit from I91 going south turn left to go under the highway and then turn right taking the road that parallels the highway. Soon you will see a dirt road. Take this road a short distance to an intersection where you will want to turn right. You can drive a couple of miles until you see the stop sign and barricade. From here it is not a very long hike until you come to the area where the model airplane club flies their planes. The road is in reasonably good shape although if there has been a lot of rain and your vehicle has a low clearance like mine you may want to park and walk the rest of the way in. I also would assume the road is not maintained in the winter but not being a Wethersfield resident not 100% sure.

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks