[CT Birds] NHBC Field Trip to Area K New Haven Canceled

Stephen Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Sat Dec 9 18:46:08 EST 2017

Dear Fellow Birders,

Given the four inches of snow in my Cheshire driveway with more coming down, and my own general lack of enthusiasm for tomorrow’s New Haven Bird Club scheduled morning bird walk at Area K Ora Avenue/Proto Drive, Lighthouse Point Park, and other areas, I’m canceling the field trip.  Outdoor Programs chair Bill Batsford will be sending a notice to NHBC members saying the same.  Apologies to all, but we sometimes need to make concessions.

Ora/Proto, Tweed-New Haven Airport, Morris Creek Marshes, LPP, Morris Cove, Morgan Point, the Branford trolley line, Furnace Pond, the upper and lower Farm River and Farm River Marina, Brazos Road, Silver Sands, Cosey Beach, Beacon Hill, and Alps Road really are great places to bird in early winter.  Do try to spend some time there in the weeks ahead.

On behalf of co-area captain Steve Mayo, I invite you to join us for the Saturday, December 16 New Haven Christmas Bird Count day in Area K.  I can be reached at 203-747-6843 should you wish to take part.

Steve Broker
Cheshire