[CT Birds] Horned Lark & Snow Bunting

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Fri Dec 8 13:56:48 EST 2017

Sorry for the late post - slipped my mind yesterday.  12/7 @ 3:30 pm - Fields north of Durkee Road in Somers.  Approximately 220 Horned Lark, and I was able to pick out 2 snow bunting, but suspect there were more.  Also, for the 4th week in a row, no Northern Harriers or SE Owl seen.  The absence of both appears to be related to the extensive plowing of the scrubby margins that have separated the main sections of the corn fields for the last 2 decades.  Makes me sick, but at least the owner will gain an additional acre or two to plant cow corn next year - yes that is sarcasm.....

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Principal Consultant
Environmental Resources Management
99 East River Dr., 3rd Floor